Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Celebrity Gravesites. A brief introduction

Overlooking John Waynes gravesite in Corona del mar, CA.


It didn't take long once I set out to see every President of the United States gravesites for the hobby to grow in 2 different directions. After a couple trips I started collecting birthplaces, homes, libraries, ect. of the Presidents as well as their gravesites. And as I travelled I realized that the places that I go to see the President stuff also have some very famous peoples gravesites in the area. At first I would see the graves of other politicians or businessmen like John D. Rockefeller and Henry Ford. When I went to Boston I saw the graves of early Patriots John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and Paul Revere. But in June 2011 on the way back from Texas I stopped in the Nashville area and visited the gravesite of Johnny Cash. This was a new experience. To call him a celebrity or a star doesn't quite do it. "Legend" seems more appropriate. Cash was the first grave visit of someone who made a big name for himself in the Entertainment industry. Not in politics or business like most of the other ones. Then on a recent trip to Los Angeles to see the Reagan and Nixon Libraries I visited 3 cemeteries were some big named celebrities are buried. These visits inspired me to start this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment